Thursday, May 22, 2008

Yay! We Made It! In One Piece!




Are they adorable, or what?





Today we're in Edmond, Ohhhhhhh-klahoma, where the wind comes sweeping 'cross the plains. We're about 30 minutes north of Oklahoma City, where the wind doesn't sweep across the plains. Yesterday's trip here took only two hours or so but felt like an eternity. I think that's how it always is on the last bit of a journey.

Grandpa did some research on Edmond versus Providence. Providence has about twice the people of Edmond but Edmond has about three times as much land. For you native Rhode Islanders, that means here they have to travel more than 10 minutes to get their coffee milk.

I just realized today that I have no idea what day it is. Even better, I'm quite content with that. Bo Humkmeister asked "hypothetically" if we were to have the resources necessary, would I be willing to just continue in our trip straight to the Pacific. I think I would (y'all back in Providence, don't be gettin' worried)

We had a lovely time at Grandma and Grandpa's place yesterday afternoon. Although, I have to say I was a bit nervous when I first walked into the kitchen. Its a lovely kitchen done with white cabinets and stainless steel appliances. Instantly I had visions of just how many dirty hand prints Tater and Baby were going to leave on everything.

Grandpa brought a 12" cake to celebrate my birthday and Baby's. I think we'll be eating cake for a few days. They also bought a tricycle for Baby. Which he then tried to drive into the pool more than once. Thankfully, Grandpa padlocked the gate to the pool. No mere latch can hold Baby back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey all! I'm glad to hear you're having a good time. Oh, and don't worry; it'll be weeks before they find his handprints on the top of the fridge!

See ya when you get back!
Kelly

Unknown said...

You guys certainly have my blessing to push on all the way to the Pacific coast. If you think all the stuff you've seen thus far was cool, JUST WAIT 'til you cross the Continental Divide!

Yes I do believe that Oklahomans would have to travel more than 10 minutes to get coffee milk--at least a 2 day road trip back to Rhode Island, because I think RI is the only place you can get coffee milk.

Unknown said...

Going to the PNW in an RV? I did it in a station wagon...and Aaron had to deal with my mom..for 10 days...
But do it it's a blast and despite doing in in a SW not an RV I would love to do it again..at least one way..not sure I could do it round trip..It is amazing how cool stuff like Rushmore is in person and Crazy horse.and Aron can tell you about the side trip to Deviils tower..There is a great amusement park in ID if you do keep going heheh.. Have fun! And I do suggest a rest in Tacoma.. my dear friend the ER nurse and home schooler torah following wife mom to 6 would be glad to meat ya..and the massage therispt friend an forget starbucks baby you'd be in hte land of the latte! There is MUCH better than Starbcks...

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn,

Maria sent me the link--how cool to be able to go on vacation with you guys! :) I have a friend that lives in Edmond--what a coincidence!

Have a great trip--stay safe!

Amanda Towne