Sunday, May 4, 2014

On the Road Again



Hello?

*clears away the cobwebs*

I'm glad the ol' blog still works because we're going on the road again! That's right folks - those of you along the East coast might want to lock your doors 'cause the Kerrs are hitting the road!


Tomorrow morning we're taking off on a three week RV trip. I am all at once stressed and excited. Stressed because of things like: does everyone have flip flops? do we need flip flops? I should make a first aid kit with ointments, and bandages and salves? or should I just bring a very large box of band-aids and call it good?

Yet I'm excited at the thought of dropping out of our normal routine, hitting the road and seeing what there is to see. Seriously, it's a big old fun and scenic country we have here.

So far, the planning is going well and we have acquired the appropriate supplies. I bought the jumbo size beef jerky pack from BJ's Wholesale Club and made sure the iPod has the tunes we want. That should be adequate, right?

We have also decided to not tell our youngest children about the trip until the day we leave. This is in part because surprises are fun, but mostly because I didn't want to put up with being asked "When are we leaving?" 2,492 times.

No really.

Those with small children know I'm not exaggerating. As it is, if we tell the kids "Hey, we're going to FroyoWorld after dinner!" the youngest will immediately respond with, "When are we going to FroyoWorld?" So as you can see, to tell them of a trip of this epic proportion prematurely would surely result in me being committed to an institution.

As we did in '08, I'm hoping to blog about our travels to keep family and friends updated on the latest news. And so everyone knows where to send bail money to.

In the meantime, back to making sure we have enough snacks to get us to the next WalMart.

No comments: